Monday, April 7, 2008

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

A guildies Kara run came up short on DPS spots so he asked me if I wouldn't mind taking my Shaman. I told him that my Elemental set needed work but I could respec Enhancement and probably do fine.

A majority of the people in the run were primarily there for badges so I made out like a bandit, picking these up -

[Cyclone Faceguard]
[Bracers of the White Stag]
[Boots of Foretelling]
[Belt of Gale Force]
[Heart-Flame Leggings]
[Forest Wind Shoulderpads]
[Badge of Justice]x22

After Kara I used my badges to pick up [Shawl of Shifting Probabilities].

The next night we ran Heroic Slave Pens and I picked up [Totem of Spontaneous Regrowth] & [Pauldrons of Wild Magic].

Last night, for some reason or another, our guild leader whispered me and asked if I'd take my Warlock to SSC as they were short on DPS again. I had told him that I had just run ZA the night before and was a bit burnt out. He asked what spec my Shaman was and I responded "Elemental but his gear is still a bit lacking." Instantly I received a raid invite and was asked to bring my undergeared Shammy to SSC. WTF?

I'll admit it was fun and I had never thought in a million years that I would be raiding on my Shaman in SSC. We downed Lurker in one shot and all was well but they were short healers and one of our Resto Shaman had signed on so I was replaced before we pulled Tidewalker.

After the raid I picked up 2 Nether Vortex using my Warlocks badges and picked up the mats for a friend of mine to craft me [Monsoon Belt]. It's nice knowing that I have an SSC quality belt as a non-raider.

[Omor's Unyieleding Will] dropped last night in Heroic Ramparts and I picked up enough badges of justice from the SSO dailies today to pick up [Skycall Totem].

Last but not least, I finally got Revered with the SSO and picked up Seeker's Gavel. I know it's more a Pally Tank weapon but it was 30 more spell damage that my current POS dagger and the +spell hit is nice. It'll do until the first boss in heroic Magister's drops his dagger.

Over the course of a few days, my Shaman is totally ready for Kara and I would even say Gruul's Lair/Mag. Hopefully they drag me along to a few more raids lol.

No comments: