Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back in the Game!

So the move is over.. well.. most of it.. but I've finally gotten time to get back to playing WoW. Sadly, after not playing for about a solid week, I'm not really motivated to continue playing.

I thought raiding on Jandrae would have filled the void but unfortunately it hasn't. I enjoy raiding with Total Dominance but I just can't raid on the weekends. Raiding at 1:15 am is never a problem except on Saturday morning when I have to be up for work at 9:00 am and don't get out of the raid until 5:30am.

So here I sit at work.. very VERY tired. Last night we downed Alar to finish up the TK trash bosses and worked on Kael for about 3 hours. We made great progress and consistantly make it to phase 3 before all hell breaks loose.

I'm not sure what the problem is outside of this just being a new fight to a majority of the raid team.. but it rekindled my hatred of learning new boss fights. TD is new to BT as well and I don't know if I want to look forward to wiping in there a bunch.

This is me being stubborn I guess. Afterall, I'm an undergeared Moonkin raiding T5 content in T4 gear so I AM lucky to raid where I am at the moment.

I'm debating on taking a break until WOTLK comes out and then seeing if the interest is still there. My wife raids earlier than I do so for a few days we don't really see each other for about 8 or 9 hours at a time. We're both really bored when the other is raiding and I don't want to keep putting time in to WoW's raiding content at the moment when the gear is going to be obsolete soon enough.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point but I can honestly say that last night being my first night back raiding I didn't enjoy myself. Not because I didn't get loot. Not because we wiped on Kael for a few hours but just because it's getting old and time consuming. The days I raid takes up all my free time online. The days I don't raid I spend my free time doing dailies to fund repairs and consumables. I have 4 70's and no interest in rolling another alt or switching factions. I came from the Horde. I switched to Alliance after hitting 70 on my Undead Warlock and realizing that our server sucked for Horde.

Even if I switched factions for a change of scenery, what would I do? Hit 70 again and raid the same places I've been raiding? It's not the people that are burning me out so I don't think that would help matters at all.

We'll see what happens, I guess.

No comments: